Rate From: $3,950 pps
Duration : 10 Days
Highlights : The Victoria Falls, The Elephants of Chobe National Park, Cape Town Highlights
Location : Zimbabwe, Botswana, South Africa
Types of Photography : Landscapes, birding, wildlife, people, cultural
Group size : Any Size
Three countries in ten days may seem like a lot but with this well thought out itinerary you will see some of the regions most iconic destinations without feeling like you are rushing through it at all. From the mighty Victoria Falls, one of the seven Natural Wonders of the World, to the beautiful (and arguably best photographic game reserve) Chobe followed by the stunning beaches, landscapes and culture of the continents southernmost city….this is a spectacular itinerary and certainly one of our most popular.Dates: All Year
Hidden Item +
You start you trip in real style staying at the wonderful Victoria Falls Hotel. This “Grand old Dame” has been hosting travellers wanting to visit this natural wonder for centuries and still maintains its old world charm while affording guests the usual modern comforts like air conditioning. A real treat while staying here is taking afternoon tea on the veranda! The falls are only a short walk away from the hotel and are actually visible across the rolling lawns. While in Victoria Falls you will visit the falls with a private guide as well as take a cruise on the Zambezi River. We also have taken the liberty of including a flight over the Falls in a helicopter which really is the only way to understand the shear scale of this amazing natural wonder.
After the Falls you will travel by road to The Chobe where you will check into your 4* lodge on the river and spend your mornings and afternoons on the Pangolin Photo boats and vehicles capturing some amazing wildlife images in this most photo friendly reserve. If you don’t have a camera you can use one of ours free of charge and the on board photo guide will be there to help you at every opportunity.
With plenty of full memory cards its time to head to Cape Town where you will be met upon your arrival by a representative our sister company Cape Town Photo Tours and taken to the Cape Milner Hotel in the leafy suburb of Tamboerskloof at the foot of Table Mountain. During your time in Cape Town you will have access to a private vehicle (SUV) driven by one of our registered photographic tour guides for use during the day. You are free to chose wherever you would like to go on each day and your guide will be able to advise you on when to go to each location to make the most of your time in The Mother City. Whether you fancy a trip to the Winelands or perhaps a visit to Cape Point and the penguins of Boulders Beach everything is possible. If there are certain shots you are after then we can start as early as you like or finish after sunset each day.
Our reservations office is in Cape Town and the staff members are on hand to offer you advice on what and where to go in the evenings. We have lists of our favorite restaurants, bars, galleries & local events that we can give to you. If you have any specific things you would like to do then please ask your consultant for advice. On the final day we will supply you with a car and a driver who can escort you to any special places you would like to visit or perhaps take you around town to get some last minute souvenirs. This vehicle and driver will also take you to the airport. This five-day section of the itinerary is only a suggestion and perhaps you would like to take a few more days to explore the Garden Route by road. Again, your consultant can help to build on this itinerary to include such an addition.
- Although we have camera supports in The Chobe on the boats and the vehicles, you might want to consider bringing along a lightweight tripod for setting up your shots in Victoria Falls and Cape Town.
- Meet and Greet at Victoria Falls Airport
- 2 nights at The Victoria Falls Hotel (bed and breakfast)
- 15 minute Helicopter flight over the Falls
- Private tour of the Falls and Zambezi River Cruise
- Transfer by road to The Chobe
- 3 nights at a 4* lodge on the banks of the Chobe (dinner bed and breakfast)
- 6 Photo Safaris in The Chobe on either the Photo Boat or Unimog
- Park fees and refreshments during activities
- Use of the Pangolin cameras and lenses if required
- Transfer to Kasane international airport
- Meet and Greet at Cape Town International
- 4 nights at The Cape Milner Hotel (bed and breakfast)
- 3 days of private touring around Cape Town (8 hours per day)
- Last day private chauffeur driven vehicle for any last minute sightseeing and shopping requirements
- Transfer to Cape Town International.
- Regional and international flights
- Visa fees where applicable
- Refreshments and meals other than those specified
- Gratuities, laundry and items of a personal nature
- Single room supplement from $800 per person (if travelling alone)