TRANSPORT BETWEEN CAMPS
2018 ‘Seat-in-Plane’ scheduled charter transfer rates in USD.
MUB = Maun
SHI = Shinde & Footsteps Camp
KAN = Kanana
OKU = Okuti
BBK = Kasane
- Seat rates exclude departure taxes from Maun and Kasane
- Additional DEPARTURE TAX (currently USD 13 per person) is payable on all flights departing from Maun or Kasane
- All flights to/from Footsteps Camp are solely booked with Ker & Downey Botswana to Shinde Airstrip
- All transfer rates subject to fuel price surcharges and government fee increases
- Tour Leader and Child discounts do not apply to flights
- All prices are subject to change
- Private plane charter rates available on request
- Baggage is STRICTLY restricted to 20kg (includes hand luggage and camera equipment) in soft-sided luggage. No hard suitcases and no bags with wheels can be transported as they physically cannot fit into the aircraft pod/luggage compartment.
- The maximum dimensions of the soft bags which can be accommodated are as follows: 25cm (10 inches) wide x 30cm (12 inches) high and 62cm (24 inches) long.
- Large suitcases are stowed free of charge at our Ker & Downey Botswana Maun office when your safari starts and ends in Maun.
- Kasane ‘Seat-in-Plane’ scheduled flights arrive around 10:30 am and depart around 11:00 am (subject to change). Guests unable to coincide with these times will require a private charter. Morning activities may be forfeited.
- ‘Seat-in-Plane’ rates cannot be confirmed if booked within 48 hours of travel.
- Shinde and Footsteps Camp are serviced by the same airstrip (Shinde). When booked back-to-back a road transfer between these camps is included on a complimentary basis.
- All flights into and out of Maun will be scheduled around the times of Air Botswana (BP212 & BP211) and SA Airlink (SA8300, SA8301, SA8601 & SA8602).
- Guests must be aware that they may, on occasion, make up to three stops before arriving at their destination.