Serene meanderings by mokoro
The word Pelo in Setswana means ‘heart’ – a fitting name inspired by the distinct heart-shaped island on which the camp is built in the heart of the Jao Concession. This is the Delta as it is meant to be enjoyed – remote, genuine, and wild.
Pelo Camp’s main area comprises a tented dining area and lounge situated under impressive wild date palms, jackalberry and Natal mahogany trees while the inviting plunge pool allows for refreshing dips in the midday heat. There is also an outdoor boma area and a raised lookout deck perfect for sundowners. The five intimate guest tents, complete with a covered front veranda, have en-suite bathrooms with both an indoor and outdoor shower. The camp’s footprint is light allowing unobtrusive wildlife viewing and a sense of being at one with nature.
Note: Pelo is open 1 April to 30 November 2016.
- Set in one of the most beautiful ecosystems in the world, Pelo is an eco-friendly camp
- Provides a classic, traditional Okavango experience for the adventurous traveller
- A tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of the modern world
Please note that Pelo is a seasonal camp and are open during the following dates:
• 1 April to 30 November 2016
• 1 March to 30 November 2017
Pelo Camp gallery