Classic Delta scenes and wildlife-rich Savannahs
Okavango Channels and Plains sets out to explore the waterways of the Delta as well as the wildlife-rich savannahs of the south-eastern corner of the Okavango in the summer months. This very special time of year is when vibrant floral displays and dramatic skylines provide a stunning backdrop to thrilling wildlife interactions and the explosion of new life: many species give birth to their young.
- The opportunity to explore by land, on the water and from the air, via walks, day and night game drives, boating, mokoro trips and light air transfers.
- Exclusive access to two primary wilderness areas in the Okavango Delta.
- En-suite accommodation with all the comforts and amenities elegantly provided.
Hidden Item +
DAY 1- 3: Gomoti Tented Camp+
Arrive in Maun and transfer by road to Gomoti Tented Camp in the Santawani Concession, passing through small villages and taking in the rich wildlife of the area as we approach our destination. Activities focus around day and night game drives and nature walks.
DAY 4 - 6: Xigera Camp+
After breakfast we fly by light aircraft over the shimmering waterworld of the Okavango Delta to Xigera, where we will have the opportunity to explore the crystal-clear channels by boat and traditional mokoro.
DAY 7 - 9:+
Bid farewell to your adventure and transfer by air to Maun Airport.
Departure Dates 2017+
Departure Dates 2017 - Language: English - Depart From : Maun - Finish In: Maun Start End Status Fri - 13 January 2017 Thu - 19 January 2017 Available Start End Status Fri - 03 February 2017 Thu - 09 February 2017 Available Start End Status Wed - 22 March 2017 Thu- 28 March 2017 Available Start End Status Thu - 13 April 2017 Wed - 19 April 2017 Available Start End Status Thu - 23 November 2017 Wed - 29 November 2017 Available Start End Status Sun - 24 December 2017 Sun - 30 December 2017 Available
|OkavangoChannels & Plains - Per Person||Rates|
|1 January 2018 to 30 April 2018||on Request|
|1 November 2018 to 31 December 2018||on Request|
Hidden Item +
Terms & Conditions:+
As a set-departure guided journey, Okavango Channels and Plains’ fully inclusive rates includes the expertise of a knowledgeable and professional guide who leads you from beginning to end, combined with tailor-made services like logistics, sightseeing and accommodation in our camps.
Our rates include:
- All meals
- Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
- National Park fees
- Road transfers as specified
- Scheduled activities and all internal charters
Our rates exclude:
- Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- No single supplement charged(a minimum of 2 guests to guarantee a trip is still required)
- Each departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 confirmed guests and operates with a maximum of 7 guests per safari.
- Age Limits - children from the age of 12 years are welcome on all scheduled departures. For parties with children under 12 years, a private tailor-made safari is suggested and gladly quoted for on request.
- Wilderness Explorations and Wilderness Safaris reserve the right, due to situations beyond our control, to substitute a camp or location with another of comparable quality at no additional cost.
- No triple rooms are accepted.
- This Exploration is limited to a 20 kg (44 lb) luggage allowance (in soft bags only with no wheels or frame) per person. This is applicable to both check-in and carry-on (handbag, backpack, camera equipment , sleep apnoea machine, etc.).
- Scheduled departure space is released at 90 days prior to departure, if there are no confirmed guests booked. Should a departure be requested to be reinstated within the 90 day period, please note that a different cost may be applicable dependent upon the number of guests travelling.
- Empty seats on confirmed scheduled departures are released at 60 days prior to departure. Reopening seats on running departures is possible, subject to availability
Great news! Introduced in June this year, we are pleased to advise that our Early Bird deal will be in place next year too. The added advantage is that bookings can be made immediately and the longer the lead time the better the discount!