Ngoma Safari Lodge is located 55 km from Kasane in the Chobe Forest Reserve. The lodge borders on the western side of the Chobe National Park. Situated on the elevated buffalo ridge, Ngoma Safari Lodge has spectacular views over the Chobe river. The convenient of the close proximity of the park is a big plus. Guests from Ngoma Safari Lodge have the opportunity to be inside the Chobe park at sunrise.
The lodge is a joint community project and privates funded in association with the Chobe Enclave Conservation Trust. Through this program the local community directly benefits from the lodge through land leasing and employment opportunities.
Ngoma lodge is 7 km from the Ngoma gate. This is the border with Namibia. The lodge is 5km from the Ngoma entrance to the Chobe National Park. Entering the western part of the Chobe is recommended. This part has less traffic in the mornings. The large herds of buffalo and elephant are frequent visitors to the lodge.
Ngoma Safari Lodge overlooks the Chobe river and with only 8 suites it is the ideal secret getaway. The lodge is in affiliation with the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge. One can arrange great combinations between the lodges. Combine a visit to Victoria Falls with a visit to Chobe National Park. Visit both safari lodges during your stay.
Each of the lodge’s 8 river-facing suites offers quiet refuge in a luxurious setting with an emphasis on space and comfort, and comes complete with overhead fan, air conditioning, mini-bar and tea/coffee facilities, bath, indoor and outdoor showers as well as a private outdoor living area with a ‘refresh and relax’ pool.
Directions: It's roughly a 50-minute drive from Kasane Airport to Ngoma, largely along a tar road; transfers are made in an air-conditioned minibus.
Accessible by: Fly-and-Transfer
Location: Chobe National Park, Botswana
Ideal length of stay: Two or three nights, either at the start or end of your safari in Botswana, especially between July and October when game densities along the Chobe Riverfront tend to be higher.
- Attitude towards children: Children aged 10 years and over are welcome at Ngoma Safari Lodge.
- Equipment: Two of the rooms can be converted into triples.
- Generally recommended for children: Ngoma strikes us as being a little more suited to couples than families. We would not recommend it for children younger than 16 years, and only for those who have a keen interest in wildlife.
- Notes: Due to the presence of potentially dangerous wildlife around this unfenced camp, children must be under the constant supervision of their parents. The pool is unfenced and there are steep drops in front of many of the chalets and viewing decks.
- Power supply: Mains Electricity
- Power supply notes: Ngoma is connected to the mains power supply from Kasane.
- Communications: There is usually cellphone coverage at Ngoma as well as WiFi in the main area.
- TV & radio: There is no TV or radio at Ngoma.
- Water supply: Mains
- Water supply notes: The rooms at Ngoma have fully plumbed showers. Toilets are flushing and there is running water in the en-suite bathrooms. Fresh bottled mineral water and glasses are kept on a stand by the bed.
Ngoma Safari Lodge Gallery