Mini Explorer Safari
The Mini Explorer Safari is a short and sweet mobile camping (glamping) experience in the Chobe National Park, Savute and Okavango Delta.
This adventure is perfect for travellers who have shorter leave periods or guests who would like to sample mobile camping before moving on to lodge accommodation for the rest of their journey.
This six night mobile camping journey will take you to three of Botswana’s cherished regions, the Chobe National Park, Savute and Okavango Delta. As an added delight you also have the option to include the Victoria Falls onto your itinerary.
What makes this Safari so Special
- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised &Beyond experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- Best of Northern Botswana – Chobe, Savute and end in the Okavango Delta. (Add Victoria Falls to the beginning of your trip for added guest delight).
- This adventure offers the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, bush walks, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
Hidden Item +
Accommodation+One of the main draw cards to selecting &Beyond Expeditions as your next adventure is the rustic and comfortable mobile camping accommodation.
• Enjoy fully serviced mobile camping. By this we mean that you can expect the renowned &Beyond service during your adventure such as a butler, housekeeper and chefs who prepare the most scrumptious pan African menus.
• Accommodation is in spacious expedition dome tents (4 metres x 4 metres in size), comfortable beds, ensuite bathroom (3 metres x 3 metres in size), separate w.c. and hot bucket shower.
• The mobile camp boasts three ensuite safari tents.
• As this is the quintessential African safari experience there is no electricity in camps, but cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices can be charged on the safari vehicle.
|Adult Sharing||Child Sharing||Single Supplement|
|01 Jun 208 to 31 Oct 2018||USD 5800||USD 3170||USD 2640|
|01 Nov 2018 to 31 Dec 2018||USD 3400||USD 1970||USD 1435|
What to Expect
Hidden Item +
Day 1 & 2: Chobe National Park+
Your journey begins at Kasane Airport where you will meet your private guide who will accompany you throughout your adventure. Your guide will then drive you to a secluded camp site in Chobe National Park,where you will spend two nights. Chobe National Park is home to thrilling action-packed wildlife interactions and the largest concentration of elephants in Africa. Experience unforgettable game drives and private boat cruises on the Chobe River.
Day 3 & 4: Savute+
The next leg of your tour will be a game drive transfer into the beautiful Savute area of the Chobe National Park. Here, surrounded by pristine wilderness, you will spend two nights where, during the months of February to April only, your accommodation will change from the standard dome tent to a more spacious Merustyle tent. The area is known for its large prides of lion, African wild dog, leopard and spotted hyena.Adventures in the Savute include game drives and the opportunity to see volcanic outcrops and Bushmen paintings.
Day 5 & 6: Okavango Delta Lodge+
On the final leg of your journey you will hop aboard a light aircraft that will take you the famous Nxabega concession, in the Okavango Delta, where you will fly to the beautiful Nxabega Trails Camp. Here you will experience an adventure-filled mix of water and land activities from game drives to mokoro and catch-and-release fishing.
Day 7: Last Day+
Today, your guide will accompany you to Maun and will wave a fond farewell as you board your flight homeward from Maun International Airport.
- April: 07, 09, 19, 21
- April: 07, 09, 19, 21
- May: 17, 29
- Jun: 10, 16, 28
- July: 04, 10, 16, 22
- August: 03, 11, 17, 23, 29, 31
- September: 10, 16, 22, 28
- Oktober: 04, 12, 18, 24
- November: 03, 11, 19, 29
- December: 05, 15, 21, 27
Terms & Conditions+
» Meet and greet at Maun or Kasane Airport, depending on itinerary
» Three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives,
» Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
» Emergency medical evacuation insurance
» Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip and National Park
» Entrance fees while on safari
» Road transfers during your safari
» Seat on charter as specified
» Domestic airport tax within Botswana
» Personal Travel Journal filled with the highlights of your itinerary and services of an &Beyond guide throughout your adventure in Botswana.
» Administration fee
» Telephone calls
» Safari shop purchases
» All items of a personal nature
» Champagne, cognacs, fine wines and premium brand spirits.
» A special offer is available for Private Expeditions of up to 5 guests from 01 August 2016 to 31 May 2017. Note this special offer is only valid for new bookings.
» This safari travels with a maximum of 6 guests in 3 tents, in a specially customised 4x4 safari vehicle, and accompanied by an expert &Beyond safari guide throughout.
» The upper age limit for this safari is 70 years, however, guests between the age of 70 and 75 years may be accepted provided that they produce a medical certificate stating that they are fit to travel.
» Validity periods are as specified above - should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
» The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote.
» German-speaking and French-speaking departures are available on request, subject to minimum 5 guests.