A taste of the best Botswana has to offer, this
granditineraryexplores the most remote and untouched wildlife areas in
Botswana, ending with the thundering majesty of the famed Victoria
Falls in Zimbabwe. A magical setting where land blurs with water, the
first destination is the Okavango Delta. The next stop is Moremi Game
Reserve, where the long necks of a family of giraffe materialise slowly
out of the skyline and graceful sitatunga hide in the reeds.
The secluded Selinda offers the opportunity to feel the Africa earth beneath your feet as you discover the marvel of the bush on guided safari walks. In the famed Chobe National Park elephant wander dreamily into camp and hippo slumber as you float down the river on a sunset cruise. The adventure ends within sight of the magnificent flume of water vapour that hangs above the mighty Victoria Falls.
What To Expect
11 days / 10 nights
This is a luxury safari for adventure and wildlife
enthusiasts, honeymooners, and those who love to gaze at the stars!
DAY 1-3: OKAVANGO DELTA
On arrival at Maun Airport you will be warmly welcomed by an &Beyond representative, who will assist you onto your light aircraft flight to the Okavango Delta.
The Okavango Delta is the world’s largest inland delta and is often referred to as a miracle of nature. A maze of sparkling lagoons, meandering channels and overgrown islands teeming with wildlife, Botswana’s Okavango Delta lies like a sparkling jewel at the heart of the Kalahari Desert. Known as the river that never finds the sea, the Delta’s crystal-clear channels spread over the thirstlands of the Kalahari with their papyrus-fringed banks and fertile floating islands. Guided dugout canoe (mokoro) trips take you into the heart of the delta and provide excellent up-close game viewing and bird watching.
Spend two nights at &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp where accommodation is in a sleek ensuite safari tent, or at &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge with its unique rooftop hideouts in each private safari suite. Please refer to the terms and conditions to determine what is included in each option.
DAY 3-5: OKAVANGO DELTA / MOREMI GAME RESERVE
After breakfast, you will board a light aircraft flight to &Beyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge, set on a private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve.
Spreading across the magnificent Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve boasts the most diverse habitat and animal populations in Botswana. The landscape comprises a stunning combination of forests, lagoons, floodplains and islands. Tall mopane woodlands and spreading floodplains fringed with majestic palms make Moremi one of Africa’s most scenic wildlife areas. The combination of habitats makes Moremi the ideal place to combine typical savanna game viewing with leisurely cruises along lagoons and channels and rich bird watching. Situated on a private concession in the magnificent Okavango Delta, Sandibe boasts exclusive traversing rights over a vast stretch of land adjacent to the wildlife-rich Moremi Game Reserve.
Spend two nights at &Beyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge. Inspired by nature and celebrating its stunning setting, the lodge features the best the Delta has to offer in terms of outstanding design, outstanding wildlife viewing and warm local hospitality. Please refer to the terms and conditions to determine what is included.
DAY 5-7: SELINDA RESERVE
After breakfast, yet another short flight will take you to the camp or lodge of your choice in the Selinda Reserve.
The Selinda Reserve is a 320 000 acre (129 500 hectare) private wildlife sanctuary in northern Botswana. The famous Selinda Spillway, which links the Okavango Delta to the Linyanti and Kwando wetlands and rivers, meanders through the area. Abundant wildlife is attracted to the vast floodplains and grasslands along the river, with large numbers of elephant and vast herds of buffalo congregating around the Zibadianja Lagoon in the dry winters. Predator viewing is exceptional, including lion, leopard, African wild dog and cheetah.
Spend two nights at the intimate Zarafa Camp, which is situated near the pristine Zibadianja Lagoon. Here, guests can immerse themselves in the atmosphere of a bygone era whilst experiencing exhilarating wildlife encounters. Luxurious tents offer exceptional views of the lagoon — each with an ensuite bathroom that boasts an al fresco shower. Please refer to the terms and conditions to determine what is included.
DAY 7-9: CHOBE NATIONAL PARK
Enjoy your last game drive, bush walk or canoe trip before returning to the airstrip, where you will hop abroad a light aircraft for a flight to Kasane Airport. A vehicle will be waiting to take you to Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero in Chobe National Park.
Located in the north of Botswana, with the Chobe River forming the country’s northern border, Chobe National Park is flanked in the south west by the Okavango Delta and the Moremi Game Reserve. Towards the south of the Chobe River lie flat floodplains that form a broad sweep of open grassland and woodland. A myriad pans and waterholes dot the plains. The Chobe River and its floodplains provide an irresistible attraction for wildlife, which congregates there during the dry season. Vast herds of elephant abound, with between 500 and 5 000 elephant frequently seen on the floodplains. Watching the elephant families drink and bathe in the river is an unforgettable sight, all the more impressive when herds of buffalo, rafts of hippo and gigantic Nile crocodile are part of the scene. Lion and spotted hyena are frequently seen on the floodplains, where red lechwe, puku, zebra, sable and roan antelope come out to graze.
Spend two nights at Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero. Accommodation is in a luxury cottage, with a modern freestanding bath, indoor and al fresco shower, terrace and private garden with a hammock overlooking the magnificent Chobe River. Please refer to the terms and conditions to determine what is included.
DAY 9-11: VICTORIA FALLS
Indulge in an early morning game drive and breakfast before being driven to Victoria Falls in neighbouring Zimbabwe, clearing customs and immigration en route.
One of the world’s greatest natural spectacles, Victoria Falls is a massive curtain of water that tumbles over steep cliffs into the sheer drop of Batoka Falls. Shrouded in legend, romance and myth, long before the Scottish missionary and explorer, Dr David Livingstone ‘discovered’ the Falls in 1855, the local Batonga people had named them Mosi-oa-Tunya, ‘the smoke that thunders’. Apart from its exceptional scenery, Victoria Falls boast a rich historical heritage that includes the landmark Victoria Falls Bridge, commissioned by Cecil John Rhodes as part of his dream of building a railway across Africa from Cape Town to Cairo.
Today, the little town of Victoria Falls claims the title of Adrenaline Capital of Africa, combining its spectacular scenery with a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports from bungee jumping to canoeing and white water rafting.
Spend two nights at The Elephant Camp. Please refer to the terms and conditions to determine what is included.
DAY 11: DEPARTURE
Today you will be driven to Victoria Falls International Airport, where your adventure with us will end.
|Fully inclusive rate per person sharing|
|01 November 2016 - 31 December 2016||$12 622|
- Accommodation inclusions as below
- &Beyond Xudum Okavango Safari Lodge or &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp – all meals, refreshments, local spirits and wines, laundry and scheduled activities, including morning and afternoon game drives, mokoro trips, motorised boat excursions, bush walks, fishing and bird watching
- &Beyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge - all meals, refreshments, local spirits and wines, laundry and scheduled activities, including morning and afternoon game drives and bush walks
- Zarafa Camp – all meals, alcoholic and non–alcoholic beverages (excluding champagne), laundry and scheduled activities, including late afternoon and early evening game drives, guided bush walks and boating when water levels permit, as well as the complimentary use of one pair of Swarovski HD binoculars and a Canon professional camera body and lens kit
- Chobe Chilwero – all meals, refreshments, local spirits and wines, laundry and scheduled activities, as well as morning and afternoon game drives
- The Elephant Camp – all meals, afternoon tea, local branded drinks & house wines, complimentary mini bars in the rooms and an opportunity to meet the Wild Horizons elephants
- All scheduled flights as mentioned in the itinerary
- Private road transfers Kasane / Elephant Camp / Victoria Falls International Airport
- Sunset Cruise and private Tour of the Falls whilst in Victoria Falls
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- Long stay rates applied at &Beyond Xudum/Xaranna and &Beyond Sandibe
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond trading terms apply