Serene Delta meanderings and floodplain adventures
Into the Wilderness – Botswana explores two unique wilderness areas that have been shaped by the southernmost fault lines of Africa’s iconic Great Rift Valley: the fascinating wetland of the Okavango and the riverine woodlands of the Linyanti River. Our safari begins in the heart of the Delta exploring the Xigera Concession from the beautiful island that is home to Xigera Camp. Heading north to the Linyanti we will have a chance to discover the river and associated floodplains that often see large numbers of general game closely followed by their associated predators, in particular leopard and wild dog. The Linyanti Concession also has a reputation for its large concentrations of elephant.
- Accommodation is in authentic, fully-serviced, luxury tented camps that also provide an intimate ‘close-to-nature’ experience.
- Experience an exceptionally diverse range of activities: walks, day and night wildlife viewing – both water- and land-based.
- The light aircraft transfers offer spectacular aerial views of the Okavango Delta.
Hidden Item +
DAY 1 - 3:+
Arrive in Maun and board a light aircraft for a scenic flight to Xigera. At camp you will enjoy morning and afternoon safari activities exploring the Xigera Concession by boat, mokoro, game drives and walks.
DAY 4 - 6:+
After a morning safari activity at Xigera, transfer by light aircraft to Linyanti Tented Camp in the Linyanti Concession in time for an afternoon safari activity. Enjoy your time here exploring the wildlife-rich area on morning and afternoon/evening game drives.
Bid farewell to your adventure and transfer by air to Maun Airport.
As a set-departure guided journey, the Into the Wilderness - Botswana's fully inclusive rates comprise the expertise of one knowledgeable and professional guide who leads you from beginning to end, combined with tailor-made services like logistics, sightseeing and accommodation in our camps.
Departure Dates 2017+
DEPARTURE DATES 2017 Language Start Depart From End Finish In Status English Wed - 14 June 2017 Maun Tue - 20 June 2017 Maun Available English Tue - 11 July 2017 Maun Mon - 17 July 2017 Maun Available English Fri - 04 August 2017 Maun Thu - 10 August 2017 Maun Available English Sun - 17 September 2017 Maun Sat - 23 September 2017 Maun Available English Mon - 09 October 2017 Maun Sun - 15 October 2017 Maun Available
|Fully inclusive - Per person sharing per exploration||Rates|
|01 June 2018 to 31 October 2018||on Request|
Hidden Item +
Terms & Conditions:+
Our rates include
• All meals
• A reasonable amount of soft drinks
• Mineral water
• Fruit juice
• House wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as ginand Amarula
• National Park fees
• Road transfers
• Scheduled activities
• All internal charters
Our rates exclude
• Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
• Compulsory comprehensive insurance
• All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
• All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
• Optional extra activities
• Pre and post safari tours
• All other travel arrangements pre and post the safari
• Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
- No single supplement charged(a minimum of 2 guests toguarantee a trip is still required)
- Each departure is guaranteed with a minimum of 2 confirmedguests and operates with a maximum of 7 guests per safari.
- Age Limits- children from the age of 12 years are welcome on all scheduleddepartures. For parties with children under 12 years, a privatetailor-made safari is suggested and gladly quoted for on request.
- Wilderness Explorations and Wilderness Safaris reserve theright, due to situations beyond our control, to substitute a camp orlocation with another of comparable quality at no additional cost.
- No triple rooms are accepted.
- This Exploration is limited to a 20 kg (44 lb) luggageallowance (in soft bags only with no wheels or frame) per person. Thisis applicable to both check-in and carry-on (handbag, backpack, cameraequipment , sleep apnoea machine, etc.).
- Scheduled departure space is released at 90 days prior todeparture, if there are no confirmed guests booked. Should a departurebe requested to be reinstated within the 90 day period, please notethat a different cost may be applicable dependent upon the number ofguests travelling.
- Empty seats on confirmed scheduled departures are releasedat 60 days prior to departure. Reopening seats on running departures ispossible, subject to availability
Great news! Introduced in June this year, we are pleased to advise that our Early Bird deal will be in place next year too. The added advantage is that bookings can be made immediately and the longer the lead time the better the discount!