CAMPS & PRODUCTS
Your stay with Ker & Downey Botswana will be on a fully inclusive basis. This means that the nightly rate at each of the camps covers:
- All meals
- Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Game activities conducted by professional guides
- Park/concession entry fees
- Laundry service
- Botswana VAT
- Emergency evacuation insurance (to regional medical facility)
The camps are accessed by light aircraft, usually connecting from Maun or Kasane. Dinaka and Okuti can also be accessed by road from Maun or
Kasane. Flights must be booked with Ker & Downey Botswana for Footsteps Across the Delta and the Young Explorers family safari.
NOTES AND TOUR LEADER RATES
- Single Room Supplement applies in low and shoulder seasons if more than 2 single rooms are booked in one booking.
- A minimum of 2 guests must be booked on any Footsteps safari. The maximum is 6 guests in 3 tents. Minimum age at Footsteps is 16 years unless booked for the Young Explorers safari (see page 2). No tour leader accommodation available.
- One tour leader with a minimum of 4 paying guests, USD 335 per night in tour leader accommodation.
- One tour leader will receive complimentary accommodation in the tour leader tent with full camp occupancy.
- Excludes Footsteps Across the Delta,
- Private vehicle and rates available on request.
||Mar - Jun & Nov
||Jul - Oct
||Dec & Jan
|Footsteps Across the Delta
Children from 7 years old are allowed on activities and we do not request the family to book a private vehicle
Open season and child policy
1st March 2019 – 30th November 2019.
1st March 2020 – 30th November 2020.
Minimum age is 16 years. However, the Young Explorers safari can also be conducted from the Footsteps Camp (please see the Young Explorers
2. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
2.1. Any cancellation of a booking must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. Cancellation charges shall apply in the following circumstances:
- From date of confirmation to 61 days prior to programme starting date, full 20% advance payment is forfeited.
- 60 to 31 days prior to programme starting date, 50% of total programme cost is forfeited.
- 30 days or less prior to programme starting date and "no shows", total programme cost is forfeited to include handling fees and liquidated damages for the Company.
2.2. If you are a "no show," the Company shall be entitled to treat your reservation as cancelled without having given the Company any notice, and the provisions of Paragraph 2.1 shall apply.
2.3. Any request to amend or change a booking once it has been confirmed may be accommodated subject to space availability. If the Company is able to assist, an administrative fee may be charged, depending on the nature of the change. These fees will be added to your final invoice. Please note no name change is possible
2.4. No refunds are given (1) for lost travel time or substitution of facilities, (2) for itineraries amended after departure, (3) for circumstances arising beyond the Company's control, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of your programme, (4) if you do not appear for any accommodation, service, sightseeing or trip segment without notifying the Company, or (5) if you leave your programme after it has begun, or miss any scheduled sightseeing, activities, meals or accommodations.
11. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND VACCINATIONS
It is your responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates, inoculations, international driving license, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained and are in order. It is your responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred either by yourself (or by the Company on your behalf) as a result of any failure by you to comply with such requirements.
12. SPECIAL REQUESTS
You must advise the Company in writing of any special requests; e.g., diet, facility or physical handicap, when you submit your reservation request to the Company. The Company will meet such requests, if possible.
21.3. Cancellation fees are to be paid per person per night booked.
21.4. Full payment of the booking is required 45 days prior to travel unless otherwise arranged with specific operators or individuals.
- 121 days or more prior to programme starting date is subject to 20% of accommodation cost
- 120 to 91 days prior to programme starting date is subject to 30% of accommodation cost
- 90 to 31 days prior to programme starting date is subject to 50% of accommodation cost
- 30 days or less prior to programme starting date and "no shows," total costs are forfeited
Footsteps Across The Delta (Walking Safari)
On a Footsteps Across The Delta walking safari you enter one of the great, untamed regions of Africa: the spectacular Okavango Delta.
Experience the astonishing contrasts created when the mighty Okavango River flows into the arid Kalahari Desert - the result is a variety of habitats, riverine forest, palm islands, permanent swamps and dry sandveld all with an unparalleled wealth of animal diversity. This safari maintains the elegance and eccentricity of the original ‘under canvas African safari’. The emphasis is on exploring this breathtakingly beautiful and diverse environment as the first African explorers did, either on foot or by Mokoro (dependant on water levels).
The Footsteps Camp base of the Footsteps Across The Delta walking safari is a comfortable private camp which accommodates guests in three specially designed Meru tents. One of the three twin/double bedded tents has an additional bedroom converting it into a family unit that sleeps five. Each tent has its own newly refurbished en-suit bathroom including wash basin, porcelain flush toilet and bush shower, even a daily laundry service is provided. The ‘bush kitchen’ is run by our chef and prepares menus to whet all appetites.
Walking in the Okavango Delta’s wilderness is the highlight of a ‘true safari’ experience. No special training is required as the focus is on exploration and discovery – tracking fresh spoor each morning to reveal the night’s events. Other possible activities include game-drives, Mokoro or fishing trips (subject to water levels). The Footsteps walking experience combines well with the luxuries offered by either Shinde, Dinaka, Okuti or Kanana.
- Three twin/double bedded en-suite Meru tents – triple or family tent on request
- Mess tent main area
- Campfire under the stars
- Game viewing platform
Hosting a maximum of six guests at a time, Footsteps Across the Delta offers a personal safari experience making it an ideal option for couples, small groups of friends or family alike.
The emphasis is on guided walks which allow you to focus on learning how to track wildlife and understand animal movement, patterns and behaviour. Being on foot instead of in a vehicle also allows you to gain in-depth information on trees, grasses and the finer details.