Africa’s ultimate water-focused safari has recently reopened with a new look and feel, allowing guests to discover a unique and dramatic ecosystem in total luxury.
Nestled in Botswana’s lush Okavango Delta, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the world’s largest inland water systems, Belmond Eagle Island Lodge reopens following a ten-month closure and almost total rebuild.
The changes add innovation and originality to the Okavango experience. Fresh new tented guest accommodation, dining areas and lounges reflect the region’s natural beauty and the adventures of early explorers.
Each of the lodge’s spacious Deluxe Tented Rooms boasts its own plunge pool. A private deck provides the perfect space to soak up the scenery.
Flooded with daylight, the interior décor is elegant and light. The centerpiece of every tented room is an oversized bed with views of the delta. The uniquely designed, handmade copper-finish headboards reference Botswana’s mining tradition.
In-room amenities include a deep day bed, large desk, fully-stocked mini bar and discreet air conditioning. An en-suite bathroom features a walled outdoor shower with a window looking onto the delta, a large indoor bathtub and walk-in wardrobe.
- Al fresco dining overlooking the lagoon
- Bar and lounge area featuring uninterrupted views of the delta
- Fire pit under the stars
- Private rim-flow plunge pool in each tented room
- Air conditioning
- Same day laundry service
- The romantic Fish Eagle Bar, perfect for views of the African sunset
- Curio shop with safari wear, local art and crafts
- Small reference library
- 24 hour emergency facilities and communications
- Private airstrip and helipad
Belmond Eagle Island Lodge Gallery