CAMP OPENING :
All year round
NOTES AND TOUR LEADER RATES
All rates are based on a per person per night basis unless otherwise specified.
The above rates include: Accommodation, all meals, all beverages except premium imported spirits and champagne, two game viewing activities per day, laundry and transfers from nearest airstrip are also included.
The single supplement is only charged for the High Season, there is no supplement charge for a single in the Green or Shoulder Season.
HELICOPTER FLIGHTS AT LINYANTI BUSH CAMP AND LINYANTI EBONY
A 30 minute Helicopter flight is included as one activity per stay for guests staying at Linyanti Bush Camp and Linyanti Ebony from 1st April – 30th November 2016 & 1st April – 30th November 2017
Additional flights can be booked at an additional cost of USD200 per person for 30 minutes and has a 2 person minimum to operate.
Guests staying at Linyanti Bush Camp or Linyanti Ebony have access to helicopter transfers.
PRIVATE VEHICLES, PRIVATE GUIDES AND TOUR LEADER RATES
Private Vehicle Rates USD 250.00 per vehicle per night
Private Guides (guiding own clients) In Guides accom. Free of Charge – excluding Park Fees, 1 guide per group
Tour Leader USD 200.00 per night – including Park Fees
Pilot / Driver Rate USD 70.00 per night - includes Meals, Accommodation and Park Fees and excludes all Alcoholic Drinks
- The private vehicle is charged for 4 or less guests requiring exclusive use of a vehicle and is dependent on availability at the time.
- 5 or more guests automatically qualify for a private vehicle. This includes families of 5 pax.
- Please note that transfers to and from Camp cannot be guaranteed on a Private Vehicle basis.
- Families with kids under 12 staying at our non-family camps will be required to book and pay for a private vehicle.
Guides: There is no charge for guides accompanying their own guests in guide’s accommodation – this is only applicable for 1 guide per group.
Pilots / Drivers: Please note that all Drivers and Pilots will be accommodated as Staff. Rate includes Meals, Accommodation and Park Fees and excludes all Alcoholic Drinks
Jan - Mar & Dec
Apr - Jun & Nov
July to Oct
|Khwai Tented Camp
|Khwai Family Camp
||No age restriction
||No age restriction
||No age restriction
Children under the age of 16 are not able to do walking safaris however nature walks around camp are on offer.
Child Policy (sharing with adults)
- 0 – 6 years - 1st Child FOC - 2nd 50% of adult rate
- 7 - 11 years - 50% of adultl rate
- 12 years and above 100% of adult rate
Khwai Community Area (adjacent to Northern Moremi Game Reserve)
S-19° 9' 8.28",E23° 46' 14.844"
Charter Transfer Time:
30 minutes from Maun and 1 hour from Kasane
30 minute drive from airstrip to camp
Number of Beds:
6 luxury mini meru style tents with a total of 12 beds and a Fully enclosed Family cottage (additional 4 pax)
Number of Guides Rooms: 1
Bucket showers and flushing toilets
Generator power, battery charging facilities available in main area
Game drives, walking, bird watching, and night drives
All year round
Not recommended for children below 7 years (see child policy) unless staying in the Family Cottage Children under the age of 16 are not able to do walking safaris however nature walks around camp are on offer
Minimum 10 pax requirement
TRANSPORT BETWEEN CAMPS
‘Seat-in-Plane’ scheduled charter transfer 2017 rates in USD.
*Please add USD 120 per booking for Khwai Airstrip landing fees
MUB = Maun
SHI = Shinde & Footsteps Camp
KAN = Kanana
OKU = Okuti
KHW = Khwai
SAI = Saile
BBK = Kasane
- Seat rates are nett and exclude departure taxes from Maun and Kasane
- Additional DEPARTURE TAX (currently USD 13 per person) is payable on all flights departing from Maun or Kasane
- All flights to/from Footsteps Camp are solely booked with Ker & Downey Botswana to Shinde Airstrip
- All transfer rates subject to fuel price surcharges and government fee increases
- Tour Leader and Child discounts do not apply to flights
- All prices are subject to change
- Private plane charter rates available on request
- Baggage is STRICTLY restricted to 20kg (includes hand luggage and camera equipment) in soft-sided luggage. No hard suitcases and no bags with wheels can be transported as they physically cannot fit into the aircraft pod/luggage compartment.
- The maximum dimensions of the soft bags which can be accommodated are as follows: 25cm (10 inches) wide x 30cm (12 inches) high and 62cm (24 inches) long.
- Large suitcases are stowed free of charge at our Ker & Downey Botswana Maun office when your safari starts and ends in Maun.
- Kasane ‘Seat-in-Plane’ scheduled flights arrive around 10:30 am and depart around 11:00 am (subject to change). Guests unable to coincide with these times will require a private charter. Morning activities may be forfeited.
- ‘Seat-in-Plane’ rates cannot be confirmed if booked within 48 hours of travel.
- Shinde and Footsteps Camp are serviced by the same airstrip (Shinde). When booked back-to-back a road transfer between these camps is included on a complimentary basis.
- Linyanti Bush Camp, Linyanti Ebony, Footsteps Across the Linyanti and Saile Tented Camp are serviced by the same airstrip (Saile). When booked back-to-back a road transfers between these camps is included on a complimentary basis.
- Saile airstrip is generally closed between 1st Dec and 31st March due to the rains and as such during these periods, all guests staying at Linyanti Bush Camp and Linyanti Ebony will be flown to Savute and transferred by game drive to camp. The transfer takes an estimated 3 hours.
All flights into and out of Maun will be scheduled around the times of Air Botswana (BP212 & BP211) and SA Airlink (SA8300 & SA8301).
Guests must be aware that they may, on occasion, make up to three stops before arriving at their destination.